Mandela Rhodes Scholarship 2022 for Young Africans (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 20, 2021
Applications are open for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship 2022. The scholarship combines financial support with a leadership programme that will challenge you, grow you, and connect you to young African changemakers – just like you.
The Leadership Development Programme is built on the founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation. They aim to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive. The programme is delivered primarily through a series of week-long residential workshops which you will attend during your time in residence.
The scholarship provides:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution.
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF.
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF.
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF.
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF.
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request.
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies.
You are eligible if:
- You are between the ages of 19 and 29;
- Are a citizen of any African country;
- Have a first degree with above-average academic results (70% or upper second).
They look for young Africans who have demonstrated the potential to embody their founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership. You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
You must apply online. You can log onto the applications platform to access your application and upload your documents and essays.
The three people who write your recommendation letters must also log onto the platform to upload their letters directly. You must give them plenty of time to write their letters, sign onto the platform, and upload them. Your application cannot be submitted without the letters and will not be considered.
For more information, visit Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.